|Ronald Fitzgerald District 1||Kim Watson District 2||Jack Beggs District 3|
DATE: March 30, 2023
PLACE: 405 Jefferson Street, Bedford, IA 50833 – Board of Supervisors’ Room
TIME: 9:00 a.m.
- Call Meeting to Order, Pledge of Allegiance, Roll Call of Supervisors
- Approval of Agenda and Minutes
- Public Comments (limited to two minutes per person if not on the agenda)
- Committee Reports (if applicable)
- Secondary Roads (starting at 9:05)
- Secondary Roads update and possible approval of utility permits (as applicable)
- Discuss and possibly approve County five-year plan and budget
- Discuss and possibly approve purchase of used belly dump trailers
- New Business
- 9:30 – Presentation & discussion on Hungry Canyons Alliance program
- 9:45 – Discuss and possibly proclaim April as Child Abuse Awareness Month
- 9:55 – Discuss and possibly approve hiring of Auditor’s Clerk
- 10:00 – Discuss and possibly approve Resolution 2023-12
- Moratorium on battery and solar facilities
- 10:15 – Discuss potential sale and pricing of 203 Main Street
- Closed session discussion under Iowa Code 21.5 (1)(j)
- 10:45 – Closed session discussion on Sheriff’s Office union negotiations and arbitration
- Closed session conducted under Iowa Code 20.17(3)
- 11:00 – Discuss and possibly approve liquor license renewal for Deer Ridge at Lexington
- 11:05 – Discuss Wind Turbine Ordinance and setbacks
- Discuss and start agenda items for next meeting
The Taylor County Board of Supervisors meet regularly on Thursdays beginning at 9:00 a.m. All meetings are open to the public unless, for purposes described in Code of Iowa chapter 21, a closed meeting is necessary or advisable to protect the interests of individuals or the county. All persons are invited to take an active role in Taylor County government.
*Agenda appointments will need to be scheduled through the Taylor County Auditor’s Office. The deadline for new appointments is 4:00 p.m. on the Tuesday prior to the meeting.
*Please note, we apologize for any technical difficulties you may experience with the online meeting. We are working to improve the experience for everyone. Thank you for your patience and understanding.